World of Zhehon
The common races make up 50-60% of the total population of Maleos that is not human, or about 25-30%. No race here has any majority over any other. While humans do dominate the lands, they are generally accepting of any other common race and few of these races have a problem traveling. While history does dictate negative attitudes – such as the ancient war between the elves and dwarves that seems to rise up at the most inopportune times – no Common Race is shunned or seen as an outsider.
The Common Races are also the “typical” options available for equipment. Dwarven and Goblin Armors are easy to find, as well as Elven Bows. This is not universal as some areas that simply have so little exposure or need to provide for all races, either because they are a small community or otherwise secluded from a particular race.
- Dragonborn (Lizard-like race with the wisp of ancient dragon bloodlines)
- Dwarf (Smaller and stockier than human, living primarily in mountains and hills)
- Elf (Taller and thinner than human, living primary in “nature” lands)
- Goblin (No larger than most human children, living often where they serve other races)
- Halfling (While larger than Goblins, but smaller than Dwarves, they tend toward living in communities as they prefer the company of others)
- Orc (Large and brutish, they tend to live a more “wild” life than any other Common Race)